- External Exchanges and Social Contributions
External Exchanges and Social Contributions
KIC is actively developing academic agreements and cooperation with various institutions both in Japan and overseas, in order to create a rich educational environment that promotes developing advanced ICT human resources, who can be successful internationally.
Institutions with Academic Agreements
Institutions in Japan
- Advanced Institute of Industrial Technology
- Graduate School of Applied Informatics, University Hyogo
- The TH Cologne Technical University of Cologne, formerly Cologne University of Applied Sciences until August 31, 2015 (Germany)
- Sabancı University (Turkey)
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics (Hungary)
- Northeastern University (China)
- Cheng-Shiu University (Taiwan)
- Edith Cowan University (Australia)
- Vietnam National University, Hanoi (Vietnam)
- The Universidad Autónoma de Bucaramanga (Columbia)
Selected programs by the Japanese government
“Effective efforts of the FD to ensure the quality of education” as one of ‘The promotion programs of the training education for highly specialized professionals in Professional Graduate School and other institutions’ in 2008.
“Demonstration experiment on the utilization method for the dissemination of synchronous e-learning system that corresponds to the practical education for advanced ICT human resource development (research and study)”, as the program in ‘Platform development to support cultivating Advanced ICT human resource’ project in 2008.
“A program to strengthen the foundation force of students with an emphasis on knowledge balance in advanced and specialized ICT education” , as one of the ‘Project to develop human resources with practical skills through industry-academia collaboration- Fundamental education promotion program of professional human resources’ in 2010.
“A development program of human resource who can solve social issues in developing countries by ICT technology utilization” as one of the ‘Special programs for priority placement of government-sponsored foreign students’ in 2013.
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)’s commissioned projects
The twenty-eleven fiscal year: JICA trainee program for African countries “Problem Resolution for Development Issues by ICT”
As the commissioned project of JICA, for 42 days from 5 February, 2012 to 17 March, 2012, KIC accepted 29 trainees, who are government officials from 8 African countries, and provide the course “Problem Resolution for Development Issues by ICT” in Medical care, Agriculture, Industrial development, Efficiency of administrative services and Education.This program was carried out as follows based on our original problem-solving method “Tankyu Practice”
- Group work for hypothesis inspection of the solution by sharing the issues in each country
- Introduction to examples in Japan by observational tour of companies and Lectures by the speakers invited from various companies and universities.
- Group work for further hypothesis inspection based on examples.
Symposium in the official side event of TICAD V（The Fifth Tokyo International Conference on African Development）（3 June, 2013）（2013年6月3日）
「ICT Innovation between Rwanda and Japan」
Jointly sponsored by JICA and JETRO, the panel discussion themed “the future prospect and the potential of Rwanda” was held in the official side event of TICAD V. The speakers gave the presentation on the present conditions, the actual examples and the potential of Rwanda, and also the exchange of opinions was performed actively. The adults and the students, regardless of inside and outside of the country, attended it and the questions and answers from various viewpoints were carried out positively.
Memorandum of Understanding between the Rwandan ICT Chamber and KIC for the development of ICT human resources and the promotion of industry （13 June, 2014）
The Rwandan ICT Chamber and KIC signed a memorandum on the partnership for the software development, the game software development, the production of animation and digital contents, the development of ICT human resources and the promotion of industry.